Trusts & Foundations
Opera Rara is a charity whose aims are:
to advance the education of the public by encouraging and promoting the study of operatic art and in particular the lesser-known works of operatic art.
A further objective is to encourage the careers of young singers and artists by offering them the opportunity to perform in operas and concerts.
We are extremely grateful to the following trusts who are supporting us in key aspects of our work:
- The Foyle Foundation enable Opera Rara to maintain the library and archive in its present location
- The Monument Trust contributes towards the core costs of our work
- The Leventis Foundation contributes towards the syndicate for the recording of Caterina Cornaro
- Anonymous Trusts help in many other ways
We constantly need support from Trusts and Foundations to help us:
- Fund new performing editions of previously undiscovered operas
- Fund specific aspects of recordings, e.g. the chorus
- Contribute towards the cost of a concert performance
- Fund individual posts e.g. the Production Manager
- Contribute towards recordings that use young artists
- Maintain our archival collections